Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Boy With The Moon And Stars On His Head

So I think I'm going to do some recording, next time I get a break. I've been thinking about it for awhile, and even though I haven't written any new songs in awhile, there are a couple of old songs I'd really like to do a better job of recording. I've been listening to the solo albums by Tom Gabel and Trever Keith a lot lately, and I really dig the spare, sparse programmed drum thing they've got on their records, so I think I'll do something like that. I play enough instruments at this point to keep it interesting, I'd say. Probably some Consolation Prize songs, some FHOA songs, some Hermit Colony songs, maybe even a cover or two, just cobble stuff together on my dad's home recording gear and see how it turns out. I love music and playing in bands, but I've been doing it for long enough that I'd like to put my own name on something. I have no set schedule for this, but I'm guessing possibly I'll start laying the foundations in November or December. If anyone would like to play an instrument on it, let me know--even if you live far away, we can Postal Service it up, where I'll send you the WAV file and the tempo, you record your piece and send it back to me.

Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment